The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 PM

harshrana is on a distinguished road
Default Himalayan Mahseer Fly and Lure Fishing

Hi! Guys,

Me and my friend Sabir, returned from a productive fishing session on Gobind Sagar Lake in Mid- Febuary.

We didn't expect much in terms of results due to the prevalent cloudy-low pressure conditions. And managed just a 3 lb Golden Mahseer on the first day.

Himalayan Waters | Facebook

Next morning, the sky was bright and sunny and as I was preparing to cast my Fly rod, Sabir hooked on to something that made his knees tremble....I was on a boat about 30 yards from him and I had the landing grip in my bag. By the time I got to Sabir, the fish was still running and in a few more minutes, this 25 lb beauty was landed...

Now, I made a cast from my Fly rod close to the same spot where the 25 lber was hooked , I got an 8 lb Mahseer to bite my Black/Yellow Wooly ****** and the fish gave a good account for its size.

All the fish where released after reviving them in a keeping net.

Regards
Harsh Rana

Last edited by harshrana; 03-14-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Himalayan Mahseer Fly and Lure Fishing

Wow! I think I can safely say you are our first member from the Himalayas. Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see the photos of your adventures.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:57 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

What did Sabir catch the 25 lber on?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum, good to hear from you, keep the info coming!

Rick
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Loved those photos of the Mahseer. Looking forward to reading more about your fishing adventures!

Larry
Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to have guys from Indialooks like this forum is more and more international
Old 03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello Harsh,

It would be helpful if you were to establish a photobucket account or another web hosting picture site. Then you can transfer images directly onto your thread so we can view them without using the facebook link.

Myself, I do not keep a facebook account and I don't use links to other sites like that. In this I may not be alone here, if you have a photobucket account but don't understand the process for posting images just send a PM to me and I will send directions.

Good to see you posting,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Nice fish, and I'd imagine some beautiful landscapes surrounding the areas you're fishing in!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-08-2012, 01:03 AM

harshrana is on a distinguished road

Hi! Guys,

Diver Dan, theboz, oarfish , mcnerney, jpbfly, Hardyreels, gatortransplant

Thanks for liking the pictures on Facebook.

25 lb Golden Mahseer was caught on Spin tackle using a Rapala Lipless Crankbait (Rainbow Trout Pattern).

Ard, my intention was to post pictures directly on the forum but I received a technical error 5 times and then gave up.

Regards
Harsh Rana