The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Of mice and...flyfishermen

Just seen the mouse patterns tied by Larry...I remembered this video...
Enjoy it
Fly fishing in New Zealand where big Trouts feeds on mouse. Award winning video clip.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of mice and...flyfishermen

JP: Yes that video clip from Once in a Blue Moon is pretty cool.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

Such a good film!

- Tyler

Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Here in the Ozarks a hair mouse is a very effective piece in anyones arsenal. Bass, big trout and even channel catfish. That video is some nice fishing.
Eddy
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Once a while back I read something where they were nailing fish on a white mouse pattern. I had neber heard of one before but I liked the sound of it and tied some. I did pink ears and tail and even little red eyes. I called it my lab mouse. Smallies smashed the snot out of it first time I ried it. I love mouse patterns. Great video by the way.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I have that clip saved to my favorites and I watch it often. My family is tired of watching the whole movie. I love to watch that guy cast. Pure poetry.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 AM

penjak is on a distinguished road

New Zealand is gonna be my retirement gift to myself. 10 more years... In the meantime, it's my goal to land a big fish on a mouse.