The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 09:27 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Your fishing rod story?

Ive just got to say Boz I keep returning to this thread to read your story that is what its all about it remindes me why I love this sport and I think every member on this forum should read that.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM

colin272 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your fishing rod story?

My first fly rod always will be my most memorable. It was my grandpas who I never fly fished with. I was at a boy scout camp when I was about 13ish and there was an older gentlemen there fly fishing and doing really good. So I asked him if he wouldn't mind teaching me and he did. My parents were nice enough to bring down my grandpas old fly rod after I explained what it was. I cant tell you the brand or anything about it. It has all marking worn off it. My best guess is its a 5wt with an sideways auto retrieve reel. Needles to say fishing with that rod was like fishing with a small tree. I no longer use that rod, but it will always have a special place to me being my first fly rod and also being my grandpas fly rod.