The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default If you thought the Dorber Ultra Wave was weird

Check this out
Braided Creek Rod | Solitude Outdoors
Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: If you thought the Dorber Ultra Wave was weird

My cod! What next?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I wish that they had video of someone actually casting with one.... I've never seen a 1/2 or 3/4 weight rod, no less one made from braided bamboo!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-13-2012, 07:35 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

The word 'unique' doesn't quite cover it.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

It sort of looks like a three year old tied a bunch of long twigs together.. but that's just me.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:42 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Eehhh...uhhh....dunno about this one. Definitely "unique". 650 Bucks for 4 feet of rod? Wacky!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 AM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about

wow...they really need to take better pictures and make that website look a little nicer. For that price, you'd think it would look better.

That first picture looks like it's warped.

They're in CO...I might have to stop by and cast one of those rods...and report back...
Old 03-13-2012, 09:47 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Weird. Seems a tad over priced.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
wow...they really need to take better pictures and make that website look a little nicer. For that price, you'd think it would look better.

That first picture looks like it's warped.

They're in CO...I might have to stop by and cast one of those rods...and report back...
Exactly my thoughts on the cheaply done web site......doesn't do much to promote their product and at $650 they are pretty pricey especially when it is only 4 ft long. It would be great if you can get a chance to see one in person and actually get to cast it.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:38 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Exactly my thoughts on the cheaply done web site......doesn't do much to promote their product and at $650 they are pretty pricey especially when it is only 4 ft long. It would be great if you can get a chance to see one in person and actually get to cast it.
I thought the same thing, particularly found the picture of the contemplative fisherman with a 9' rod under arm confusing after I read that rod they are selling 4 feet. I guess it would look really weird to see the "quintessential" rod-under-arm shot if said rod was only 4' long.