The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fly Fishing Riffles, Run and Pool

For the beginner Fly Fishers out there, here is an excellent YouTube video by Tim Landweh giving instruction on how to read the water and fish a riffle, run and pool.

Larry
Old 07-09-2010, 08:05 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fishing Riffles, Run and Pool

Good selection, Larry. I like all of Tim Landwehr's videos.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Good selection, Larry. I like all of Tim Landwehr's videos.
Frank: I agree all of Tim's videos are really well done.

Larry
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

how do you locate all his videos on youtube
Old 07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker12 View Post
how do you locate all his videos on youtube
Tracker: Probably the easiest is to open YouTube and then do a search for
Tim Lansehr. Check this out:
YouTube - Tim Landwehr

Larry
Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever you want to see more videos, just click on the username. All of
the person's video will appear on the next page.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

Got it. Thanks Frank.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:40 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Larry,

That was a good video. I would not recommend a bright yellow hat when fishing either flats or that type of stream though.

That could well have been the photographer's doing, however. A friend of mine is a well known outdoor photographer who brings scarfs, hats and even shirts with him for the angler to put on at the end of the fight if he can get him to.

During the fight, he'll come up behind you and put that stupid scarf on then get ready and, if it's a tarpon, he'll say "OK I'm ready, make him jump - but let me know when he's coming up". Like the sole reason we go fishing if for him to take pictures.

One day another friend of mine got so pissed at him while catching a permit that he got between Hans and the fish and threw it back in before Hans got a picture. It is hysterical to get each one to tell the story about what an ahole the other was being on that trip.

Nothing like fishing.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
Larry,

That was a good video. I would not recommend a bright yellow hat when fishing either flats or that type of stream though.

That could well have been the photographer's doing, however. A friend of mine is a well known outdoor photographer who brings scarfs, hats and even shirts with him for the angler to put on at the end of the fight if he can get him to.

During the fight, he'll come up behind you and put that stupid scarf on then get ready and, if it's a tarpon, he'll say "OK I'm ready, make him jump - but let me know when he's coming up". Like the sole reason we go fishing if for him to take pictures.

One day another friend of mine got so pissed at him while catching a permit that he got between Hans and the fish and threw it back in before Hans got a picture. It is hysterical to get each one to tell the story about what an ahole the other was being on that trip.

Nothing like fishing.

Cheers,
Jim
Jim: Thanks for sharing that was a funny story!

Larry
Old 07-10-2010, 09:53 PM

bekiu002 will become famous soon enoughbekiu002 will become famous soon enough

Tim Landwehr's videos were a big help when I was first learning to fly cast and this video on reading the water was a big help my first time up.
I have seen a member on this forum who wears a bright clown wig once and a while; yellow hat can't be much worse.....can it?
Cabot