The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fishing Methodology

Took a trip last week to Atlanta to check out one of my favorite bands early in the week. I stopped at my closest DH river on the way down. Its only the 2nd time I have ever fished the river. I was in the middle of a hatch all day long, but couldn't seem to target in on what they were eating. I think it had more to do with my presentation and the fashion in which I fished the river that did me in. Talking with the other guys and gals that were on the river it seemed that the fish were biting on a large variety of flies. Green Meanies/San Juan Worms, Copper Johns, the occasional dry fly, but I managed to get skunked.

So my question is...

How do you like to fish a river? Are you continuously on the move making only one or two casts to a location, do you really like to work a location/pool?

The river I fished was probably less than 20ft across, but contained some tricky currents.