The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 03:10 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default So excited

The feeling never changes . Tomorrow I leave with my son to our annual fish till you drop trip to the Keys . The excitement and anticipation never gets old. Getting packed fixing gear and planning each day just adds to the thrill .
It's like when I was in elementary school and my Dad would tell me on Friday that Saturday we were fishing . Forget about sleeping that night. And my Dad was smart enough not to tell me during the week knowing no school work would get done. It's a great feeling even better when you get there . Always time to sleep when your time is up!
Rip Tide likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So excited

Sounds like a hoot Boz, have a slice of key lime pie for me...

Dave
Old 03-16-2012, 04:05 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

In Miami a few weeks ago for work, but our last night we made our way to the Keys. Found a great restaurant , if you are interested: Islamorada restaurant offering gourmet dining: Marker 88

Enjoy!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

For me too, I'm going to hit the Keys in a few months and I'm ALREADY looking forward to the food there. I can't even think about the fishing, I have schoolwork to get done, haha... Have fun down there, looking forward to the reports!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Thanks Rick . Place is great . Ate there last year . Great atmosphere to!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:33 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Thanks Rick . Place is great . Ate there last year . Great atmosphere to!
We sat to the right of the dock, just off the water edge. They have that "lagoon", with underwater lights, and we kept seeing the shadow of a good size fish just outside of the light (never did get a good look at it), and whatever it was, it kept pushing smaller baitfish into that lagoon! Watched the fish, until the Mojito's started to kick in!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Those are the resident Tarpon. They treat them like pets. So many places in the area have these groups of dock fish . Bud n Marys , World Wide Sportsman and at Robbies it's a tourist attraction. Some huge fish ! I like to see those when were looking for them by the bridges.