The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 06:24 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: The one that got away

Seth,

I wondered if that was what you meant by your signature or if you were a dyed in the bucktail catch and release guy who didn't like the smell of fish slime on his hands.

Ard,

That salmon does sound awful tasty. I was experimenting with a brandy sauce to go with blackfin tuna sushi last winter instead of wasabi - whiich is pretty strong stuff for blackfin. I tried keeping a record of the ingredient volumes, but by the time I was done "adjusting to taste", I had lost track. But I think I got down all the ingredients, and will try again next time I go out for tuna.

Perhaps we should start a fish recipe thread.
grassonfly likes this.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: The one that got away

I'm in for that idea, Jim. I've been heavily craving fish tacos lately, going to have to track some down tomorrow.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
Seth,

I wondered if that was what you meant by your signature or if you were a dyed in the bucktail catch and release guy who didn't like the smell of fish slime on his hands.

wjc,
Not me man! Bring it on.

Growing up, fishing was just something that we did when we went camping or went to Grandpa's farm. It wasn't fun unless fish were biting. Now though, there's a peace that settles on me when I'm fishing. More so when I'm alone, and even more so when I get skunked.
Not really sure when I became this way. Maybe it was from lack of success in early years of fly fishing, maybe the thought of focusing on the "catching" became too much like it was while growing up, maybe the stresses of life that come with being grown up makes me "get back to basics" if you will. Probably some of each.
Regardless, fishing has become so much more than a sport, its become a reflection of growth.

Please pardon my ramblings. I was feeling particularly insightful...of myself...

Oh and I was thinking that we did have a fish recipe thread somewhere...

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...