The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:30 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default 9/11 wt reel

im looking at a 9/11 wt sized reel. Its from True North fishing gear. Has anyone ever heard of this company or had any experience with them and their reels?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:39 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9/11 wt reel

Looked at those reels online a while back. Never used one but for the price they look decent. Hope somebody has an opinion cause I might invest in one myself.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-26-2012, 05:45 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

all the specs sound great but for that price im a little apprehensive.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:55 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Haha.That's what held me back. Was a time when I'd just buy it and hope for the best not anymore.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM

anything would be better than my okuma integrity rusted drag and a flat spot.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Robert, take a look at the Allen Alpha II 9/10. For what you're looking for, it will be excellent. The price is good for the performance, and the warranty is better. And you don't have to worry about an untested drag exploding on a good fish and wasting 70 dollars, since there is no warranty on the True North stuff.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Orvis Battenkill Large Arbor V Reel for 9 to 11 Weights - Fly Reels

This is what I found, have not really used mine yet though. Seems very solidly built.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
Orvis Battenkill Large Arbor V Reel for 9 to 11 Weights - Fly Reels

This is what I found, have not really used mine yet though. Seems very solidly built.
That's a good price on that reel. I bought one lightly used for almost the same price.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM

tnfg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 9/11 wt reel True North Fishing Gear

HI Guys

We just just wanted to let you know that we have 120 days warranty on our reels & gear! We have had great feedback to date. if you have any question or concerns e-mail us at info@truenorthfishinggear.com