The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 AM

montanawildoutdoors is on a distinguished road
Default CONTRAST - MT based short film

Here is the teaser for our most recent film project we are working on. We spent a handful of days on one river here in Montana during the end of winter/beginning of spring. CONTRAST is set to debut at the end of April.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:30 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: CONTRAST - MT based short film

Looks fun, and I always like your stuff, so looking forward to it!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:40 AM

pab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the rough

Looks good!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:35 AM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light

Aw, that was def. a teaser. I want more.

Don't understand why people use nets though...
The fields are endless, but the cows never leave the river side, maybe it’s the fresh taste of a cold mountain runoff that keeps them close. Or perhaps they just like watching the fly fisherman cast their way down stream (like souls of fishermen past). A young calf looks at his mother, with a sideways curious expression “I love the feeling of mud running through my hooves.”

http://www.fishalong.com
Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 AM

Thanks guys. Ya we're pretty excited about this one. Nets? We would much rather get a big fish landed, than tire the fish to the extent that we can get the hook out of its mouth.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light

De-barb your hooks! Don't you already? You should...
The fields are endless, but the cows never leave the river side, maybe it’s the fresh taste of a cold mountain runoff that keeps them close. Or perhaps they just like watching the fly fisherman cast their way down stream (like souls of fishermen past). A young calf looks at his mother, with a sideways curious expression “I love the feeling of mud running through my hooves.”

Old 03-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice trailer! Looking forward to seeing the release! Those car bodies lining the river reminded me of Popo Agie River that runs through Lander, WY. As the river crosses main street, just downstream are a number of vehicles lining the river bank.

Larry

Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishalong View Post
De-barb your hooks! Don't you already? You should...

There's gotta one in every crowd I guess. Do you walk up to every fisherman you see that is carrying a net and shame them and tell them to de-barb their hooks?

Great looking trailer MWO! Really looking forward to seeing the whole thing.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 PM

sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. This would be a great topic for conversation though. Would love to hear others opinions...

Ted, you would do better if you approached my post in a friendly symbiotic way. Then it will be easier for me to understand your concern, otherwise I won't learn anything.

I'll try posting on the main board and see if we can get some positive dialogue going about the issue.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishalong View Post
sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. This would be a great topic for conversation though. Would love to hear others opinions...

Ted, you would do better if you approached my post in a friendly symbiotic way. Then it will be easier for me to understand your concern, otherwise I won't learn anything.

I'll try posting on the main board and see if we can get some positive dialogue going about the issue.
Ted isn't giving you any heat. Everyone has their own opinion, and so do you. Most of the rivers I fish are small, but usually hold large fish and without a net, there is no possible way to land a fish without it running downriver at some point into a log jam. I have friends who are wardens for MT fwp and they see more trout injured/killed by idiots not using a net and dragging the fish to shore. If you think a net is bad, you should see what happens when fwp shock rivers and streams.