The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Arctic Grayling drawing

Well done Didg.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Out of curiosity, Nick, what font is that? Is it a proprietary one drawn by you or one I can track down online?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone!

Gator, it's a font called "Bleeding Cowboys". You can download it free online.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

You do the beauty of nature justice for sure. Beautiful.

I spent the early part of my life fishing near a twon called Grayling in Michigan and always wanted to catch one. Logging in the early part of the last century along with no limits on the catch numbers destroyed the graling fishery around Grayling.
a couple years ago O finally got a grayling when out west. It was a dink but that didn't matter a bit. I got one. More came to hand but none as fantastic as that first one. In the thrill of the moment I didn't do the one thing I always wanted to do, sniff a grayling because I heard they smelled like the spice thyme. Hopefully I get another crack at it one day.

Thanks for posting that art. Again, beautiful. You caught the subtle coloring of that fish perfectly.