The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Film Trailer: Sipping Dry

brucerducer and thorsten like this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Film Trailer: Sipping Dry

Silver: That was great photography and I almost busted a gut laughing with that statement right at the end "don't bring your teenager here, it might just alter their life and they won't become that doctor or lawer".

Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Thanks, Silver. That opening scene of the porpoising rainbow brought back memories of the funnest day I ever had trout fishing.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Damn that is sweet. Though its only a couple hours away, I rarely get over to the Missouri. It is a real shame, and when I think about it...well, I don't like to think about.

Not sure if it's the same film tour but one just came through a couple weeks ago and I missed it. I heard it was really good, so if any of you get the chance, check it out.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:07 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

You can see the entire film at this year's Fly Fishing Film Tour.
That flick brought a tear to my eye it was so darned perfect.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Silver: That was great photography and I almost busted a gut laughing with that statement right at the end "don't bring your teenager here, it might just alter their life and they won't become that doctor or lawer".
Kind of an old post but I think It sums up perfectly why I fish the Missouri so often. I fish it to be humbled and challenged. Theres nothing like catching that fish you spot right underneath the bank during a trico hatch, even if its the only one that day.

I believe that's mark raisler at the end that says what I quoted above and he is absolutely right. Because of the Missouri I went out and purchased a drift boat. Its my goal to come home from college and make a name for myself guiding on the Missouri and I will do it.
mcnerney likes this.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
Kind of an old post but I think It sums up perfectly why I fish the Missouri so often. I fish it to be humbled and challenged. Theres nothing like catching that fish you spot right underneath the bank during a trico hatch, even if its the only one that day.

I believe that's mark raisler at the end that says what I quoted above and he is absolutely right. Because of the Missouri I went out and purchased a drift boat. Its my goal to come home from college and make a name for myself guiding on the Missouri and I will do it.
I'd be glad to help you practice your guiding skills! I can role play different types of clients, test your mettle...
mcnerney and Troutwhisperer like this.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I'd be glad to help you practice your guiding skills! I can role play different types of clients, test your mettle...
Bring it on Dean. I taught a friend how to fly fish there and helped him catch his first brown trout both in the same day.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM

Do you fish it in the winter? I've been dying to do a winter day up there for a couple years now.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:23 PM

My favorite time of the year. I'm just waiting for my boat to get her chime job done. Hopefully i can get it tuesday.

Do you want to help me put the first scratches in it?