The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 11 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By ia_trouter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default For our Visitors & Guests Viewing the Threads;

Hello,

Every day we are host to an average of 3000 visitors on the forum. 'Visitor or Guest' would mean that you are not a member but are out there somewhere and viewing / reading threads and posts. Why not help this to be a huge membership by registering as a member? It's free, it's easy, and you can then join in the community more fully.............. If you do decide to join us you can say I sent you

Thank You,

Ard
Davo, webrx, jpbfly and 8 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 PM

bogdanlover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For our Visitors & Guests Viewing the Threads;

Ard,
Once someone opts to become a new member, are they allowed to sell fly fishing collectibles/memorabilia, etc? If so, is there a number of days one must be a member prior to doing so?

Thank you kindly
Old 08-26-2012, 04:40 PM

aphex0 is on a distinguished road

I am pretty sure you have to post 20 times. I need to sell some stuff as well. Unused Cabelas stuff.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, 20 post.
Some additional info, if someone joins the forum and quickly runs there post count up in a day or two and starts posting items for sale it does tend to raise some eye brows.

Most Mods/members prefer a new member to hang around a while and become a regular contributor before posting items for sale.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Off the top of my head the "20" sounds about right. But make them real posts, things of interest, of contribution to the thread.

For context, I've purchased a LOT of stuff of this Fora, SpeyPages, UK boards from regular posters and never been disappointed.

So what does 'disappointed' mean?

"Street Cred" as the youngsters would say? In many years only had two (SAME FRING'IN DAY!) had a 'Say what?' on my PayPal/credit card bill. I was WRONG! Forgot the two were the same day/same amount ($350.00).

End game was e-mail apologizes to both/"Sr. Moment", and " bank cashier cheque" is in the mail to you tomorrow." Context: If I fluff one, I have no problem saying so .....

Probably "Street Cred," is what counts. Theirs and mine?
Me thinks, me thinks.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 AM

adina728 is on a distinguished road

Nice post...Thanks for the info.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdanlover View Post
Ard,
Once someone opts to become a new member, are they allowed to sell fly fishing collectibles/memorabilia, etc? If so, is there a number of days one must be a member prior to doing so?

Thank you kindly
After you are active on 100 threads or make 100 posts, you may list in our classifieds. However, if your only purpose for registering is to sell, the membership seems to resent such behavior and seldom buys. My advice would be; join if you wish to participate and then if you decide to list something your item will be viewed as being sold by a forum member not as by an outsider looking to use us as a marketplace.

Hope that helps,

Ard

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adina728 View Post
Nice post...Thanks for the info.
Welcome to the forum Alyssa,
fredaevans likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 10-10-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Re: For our Visitors & Guests Viewing the Threads;

eBay is your best bet if you are just here to sell. Register there and list your stuff for sale 5 minutes later.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:44 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

What Ard said above. Over the years I've exchanged thousands of dollars with Board Members here/else where. Never a disappointment. "Street Cred" counts.

End game? Trust.

fae