The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 03:02 AM

kibby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Simms customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aff View Post
I recently had a very disappointing warranty experience with another company, so I can definitely empathize. I personally have been to Simms headquarters and seen their warranty department. It's literally two people, with a literal mountain of gear to go through. And from the looks of it, it was mostly gear that had just been worn out past its lifespan, not failed product.
I'll chime in.

A few years ago, I was between machinist jobs, and I took a job as an assistant manager of an outdoor sporting goods/rockclimbing company. I won't mention the name, but if anyone is curious, just shoot me an IM. Anyway, I was in the internet sales warehouse. We literally had the same setup. Two overworked, but diligent people, and mountains of returned gear to adjust and make-happy the customers. It was a horrorshow.

You would not believe the people who try to get something for nothing. People would send in stoves they'd been packing for 30+ years in hopes of getting a new one. People would buy a pair of boots, hike the Appallachian Trail, and turn them in to get new. Insulting letters, irate customers trying to bully the company into giving them new gear to replace their worn-out broken stuff - that THEY did, through no fault of our warranty. Amazing the folks who think they are entitled. With all of this junk to wade through, its no wonder that sometimes an order can slip through the cracks, and get buried at the bottom of the pile.

I guess I am just saying that when dealing with a repair department, or returns, a pleasant phone call, and a little patience gets the best results.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:57 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Simms customer service

Well said Kib, I have NO DOUBT of the level of truth in your post. Which may well be why so few folks are assigned to the task.

fae
Old 04-05-2012, 08:26 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Maybe this will help.. or has been part of the problem:

Small Shovels Lead to Big Change at Simms | The Wading Room | Simms Fishing Products
Old 04-08-2012, 09:46 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Ok I have a question for the guys who have had good luck with repair work/cs,
I am going to have to give Simms CS a second shot and send my dry creek hip pack back because it's delaminating badly,

what's the best way to get it in their hands to have it looked at in a timely matter? What has worked best for people in the past?
thanks.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

OK- no fair for me.. Now, I can just drive over there..

When we've sent stuff in though.. we've never had an issue. Maybe they're really back logged? Jut wondering if you called.. if they'd give you an estimated time up front.. that might identify if every guide in the southern hemi - just sent all their stuff up?
Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Carl,

Contact them prior to sending it so you will have a repair requisition number and be in their system. That will make tracking the progress of a repair smoother. As for my own............... the jury has not returned a verdict on that yet

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-08-2012, 11:14 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

other than a few shirts and a my wifes vest,i have no other simms products and have never dealt with them in any manner. they seem to make good gear, guides i've known swear by there waders and jackets.
i find it hard to believe that a company that renowned would have a mere 2 employees to fulfill their well known warranty/return department.
i'm a patagonia guy and can say that i've never had a hint of an issue with their returns/cs. its always been a phone call as soon as my gear arrived and then a quick return or repair.
simms, hire some more folks. just sayin'

casey

ARFE
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Hey guys I just wanted to revive this thread. I sent a hip pack to simms on monday and they just got word today they are going to replace it so I am a happy camper and that is the simms CS I've heard all about. Good to be able to say good things again. I used the website to set up a R# and all the communication was done through email.

Now I have to send my boots to them, hopefully that goes as smooth.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Carl,

My issue with Simms has been resolved and I am happy with the way they handled our disconnect. I am awaiting arrival of some new products here also.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-27-2012, 04:25 PM

Good! I ment to ask if things worked out on your end. Glad to hear my rumblings were in vain. Always good to be able to put foot in mouth on these kind of things.

Steelheader's Anonymous.