The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Wanna trade?

After trading some hooks for flies recently with another member I thought I'd offer up a trade of my own.

I have an older API (pre HMH) vise in extremely good shape that I am offering for trade, it has the midge jaws. It's very similar to the vise in the link, only difference is the collet on mine is not stamped with the company logo.
Amazon.com: HMH Spartan Vice with Pedestal Amazon.com: HMH Spartan Vice with Pedestal

Anyway, make me an offer......

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanna trade?

What do you need? Give me some ideas and maybe I'll come up with something you need. I need a vise.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

There's the beauty of this whole thing, make me an offer.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-02-2012, 01:12 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Ok . How about a new fly line and a case of assorted international specialty foods?

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I have 4, 5,6,or7 wfs in the box.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about

Boz I was hoping he would reveal what it is he wants also but I guess were just going to have to throw him a bone and see if he bites....

John,
I am thinking of thinning out my gear room and off hand I can only think of a few things that may be worthy of trade.
Let me know if this type of stuff is anywhere close to the type of trade you are looking for?

Sage DS2 5wt 8'3" (Never used by me but looks like it may have been used a time or two.)

Badlands 2200 day pack (Used once or twice, but it’s the old style of this pack)

Granite gear backpacks, vortex backpacks along with some others I am sure (used and new)

Old germ chair lift from Alta (Very used)

Hundreds of old classic flies (Tied by my friend’s grandfather many years ago)

I have backpacks of all types, tents, climbing gear, skiing stuff, GPS’s, jackets, backpacking stoves and much more that I am thinking I could get rid of in replacement of upgrading the vise.

Let me know if I am anywhere close and I will take a better look and throw you some more options if needed!
If something doesn't quite add up I likely have several little things as options to make it a fair deal.

What type of value do you put on that thing anyway?

Peace!
Watson
Old 04-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Lots of fun! Ok 2 cases of assorted specialty foods and 2 new fly lines and hand tool of your choice.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Alright lol, you guys are getting the hang of it now!

watson, I had the vise listed for sale in the "classifieds" for $150, I was originally told to list it between $150-200. So.....
My curiosity is peaked about the ski lift chair from Alta. Can you tell me more? pondering the Sage also.

Boz, I'm sitting pretty well right now as far as lines go, and as tempted as I am about the International Speciality Foods I think I'm gonna pass.

Got anything else?

One thing I should tell you as far as food offerings go....mrs fysh is allergic to shell fysh and peanuts.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 PM

No shellfish no peanuts my son has the same problem. I'll see what else I can muster.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Watch an old pro at work boys...

I have the same vise except mine DOES have the name stamped on the collet, obviously making the vise worth more to collectors. Send me $50.00 and your vise and I will ship you mine. Up the selling price to $200.00 and get your original price point without trading fishing gear for food. Don't risk the shame Fysh!!!

Dave
Old 04-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

How about I deliver it and you take me fishing for the weekend?