The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 AM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough
Default Photo Help

I don't know where to put this ? at. I asked the web-master and the answer I got back was my picture's need to be 100k and my camera it tell's me that my pictures are a 2.96mb so how I'am able to post pictures into my album?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 AM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Photo Help

Fair question. Would be interested in knowing the answer myself. Not up on the picture posting either. Got lots of em though.
Eddy
Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all need to know. The NAFFF gallery doesn't like me either.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

You can use a free program like google's Picasa to edit/crop and 'export' your pictures to a smaller size. You can also get free photo hosting accounts on the same Picasa, PhotoBucket and other sites and just use links to the photos from the forum.
Picasa
Old 04-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

You can also use the free online program Pixlr Editor. Just select "Open Image from Computer", then browse to your photo and open it up. Then select IMAGE>>>>IMAGE SIZE and reduce it to something like 1200 pixel width, then select FILE>>>SAVE and use the quality slide bar to reduce the pixel size to 100 kb or less.
Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com

Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 AM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, but the Pixlr site didn't work. After I finished everything try to upload the picture it say ''not a vaild image''
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

If you guys have the Skype program in your computers I would be glad to get on line and guide you through this process verbally while we do it together.

Otherwise depending on your long distance telephone service we can do it via phone. If you don't have a long distance provider you can PM me your number and time zone so I can arrange to call you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Ard, your on. My cell is cheap so i can call ya anytime and we'll get this worked out. I have pics on my computer in "My Documents" file. I'll PM ya my cell and you can call me anytime or give me yours and we'll hook up. I get off work about 5PM CST so that will put us in a good time frame. I think your about 2 or 3 hrs behind us here. The help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Eddy