The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Turkey/trout

Well i have been hunting for the past 2 weekends in Ga. since turkey season opens early thereand this past saturday i finish out my 3 bird a year limit there and decided to head home that night.I got home about 11pm that night just pleased with the hunt and waiting til the 14th for season to open in NC to try and limit out here for the 2 birds allowed here it would be my first time ever to do that in 2 states. Well on sunday i was unpacking when my son text and said since i had got to kill my birds and he didn't i should take him fishing to cherokee since it opened over the weekend there.So we went after all the crowds had stomped them for 48hrs,we fished nymph rigs and i hooked a nice brown on a zebra midge and he caught a nice native rainbow on a zebra midge and after that it was nothing for about an hour when i told him i was fishing back to the truck and i tied on a small streamer VANILLA ICE.Well right out the first cast and fish on and the next cast was the same .Then things slowed and i caught one more before my son asked to fish with my setup so i gave it to him and took his and put on a big streamer, i did have a big strike on the big streamer but failed horrible to hook up.My son did finally catch one on my rig and it was his first on a streamer. All in all not a bad day but i was beat from the weekend.. Sorry no pics forgot camera at home on both trips and was not pleased about it at all...
Old 04-02-2012, 01:43 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turkey/trout

Congrats on the birds and trout. Used to be a tough decision for me to turkey hunt or trout fish . My solution was dictated by my state regs. In Pa spring turkey you must be out of the woods by noon. So when I hunt my waders and rod are in the car and after chasing birds I switch up and head in to some sweet little streams for native trout. Makes for a long day but I wouldn't trade it for nothing. Although if I had as liberal limits on turkey as Georgia -----?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser