The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 04:13 PM

bekiu002 will become famous soon enoughbekiu002 will become famous soon enough
Default New Reel Stiffness?

I took the plunge and bought my self a Lamson Velocity Reel before I head to Southern Minnesota for the weekend. Its a beautiful reel, but the drag seems very stiff. I have the knob set to the lowest possible drag and it still takes some effort to get line out. And I am just wondering if its because its brand new and will loosen up over time or is it possible I did something when switching the retrieve. I am just afraid of this when using small tippet.
Thanks Cabot

-Mystery Solved-Line rubbing against frame.

Last edited by bekiu002; 07-11-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Figured it out
Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Reel Stiffness?

Must be the retrieve issue, I have one and it doesn't seem stiff. Better go back and check it.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-11-2010, 05:02 PM

bekiu002 will become famous soon enoughbekiu002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Reel Stiffness?

Mystery solved, nothing to due with retrieve just line rubbing against the frame. The person who spooled it up for me at the shop must have been in a bit of a hurry putting the line on the spool. I pulled about 60 feet of line off the reel and found where it was rubbing on the frame. Once Re-spooled problem solved and works great. Thanks Ard I just needed to go back and play with it for a little longer.
Thanks Cabot