The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Underwater Video Smallies

https://vimeo.com/39807970

some of todays catch at Otter Creek. things are warming up and the fish are getting much more active.

Enjoy
Mike
Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Underwater Video Smallies

The final release is definitely the best part, great underwater shot there. Like seeing something eat that crayfish tie as well!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

For sure, I knew it would work when I seen it last fall, I just didnt expect it to work till now. If you tie more, put the eyes outside of the hook tho,, might make for better hook up. I plan to get crawfish pattern stuff at bps soon.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Yeah, if I recall that fly, I tied the beadchain inside the hook point, which is not the greatest idea, nor does it help with how the hook point should ride... But that was also the very first weekend I started tying! I'm pretty partial to mono eyes now with all my cray/shrimp/carpy patterns, they're so easy to make yet so effective looking (at catchy fishermen that is!)

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Yeah, if I recall that fly, I tied the beadchain inside the hook point, which is not the greatest idea, nor does it help with how the hook point should ride... But that was also the very first weekend I started tying! I'm pretty partial to mono eyes now with all my cray/shrimp/carpy patterns, they're so easy to make yet so effective looking (at catchy fishermen that is!)
probley dont snag as much either..
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM

blueline is on a distinguished road

Great video Mike thanks for sharing
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM

thanks for watching