The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 08:52 AM

shorthaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Posting Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightlines57 View Post
Some good points. Another helpful hint, try to give some details. "I need a new rod" will get vastly different responses from "I need a new trout rod" or "I need a new bass rod". With more details in the question you can get more specific responses.
There seems to be a bunch of questions that ask ---what rod should i buy?
anybody thats been around the block a few time answers " whatever fits your style, your budget and your purpose--dont buy it before you try it

its the same answers all the time and everyone puts thier $.02 in on the bargain rod or the cheap rod or combo

i dont know how the same answer could be handled without endorsing certain brands over others

i dont know if the site wants to do that or just give the personal touch and say the same thing over and over

i love the site and the people are great
Old 09-05-2008, 01:58 PM

soloman is on a distinguished road

thank for all
Old 12-14-2008, 05:19 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

this has got to be the best fly fishing forum on the web today. noone hates on anyone and everyone is very helpful. I would have to say the last time I seen someone posting like this was like a year ago and they are no longer with us anymore caue they got thanks Frank for banning the dude! he made no sense at all 90% of the time. now we can get back to business!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 PM

fishosopher is on a distinguished road

Hi Frank,

I've been Al all my life. I'm sort of getting a kick out of being the Alligator.

Yours, Alligator
We're all in the same boat. We all come 'ere and we don't know why. We all go in our turn and we don't know where. If you are a bit better off, be thankful. And if you don't get into trouble an' make a fool of yourself, well, be thankful for that,'cos you easily might.--J.B.Priestley
Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 PM

bono is on a distinguished road

Hello frank,

my name is Leon I also go by Bono sometimes and I agree with your post. Bare with me this is my first post. Hello to all fly tiers and fly fisher personal. I am from NE PA.
thanks Leon
Old 02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Leon,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us and hope you stick around and have a good time. We have a really nice bunch of fly fishers on this site. You might want to try one of our fly swaps.

Alligator, I hear you!

Frank
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 AM

qualey99 is on a distinguished road

Frank,
As a new member, I must say that I have enjoyed the forum immensely, and check it daily. The only other forum I check daily is my LSU site. As a warm water guy hailing from Shreveport, Louisiana I have enjoyed the bass and pan fish articles the most, followed by the red fish and speck comments since these are my normal targets. I am going to make my first trout trip next month with Dave and Emily Whitlock in NE Oklahoma. Thanks for all the work that goes into making this site successful.

Could you give advice on how to post pictures with replies, and also how to cut down on their size so I don't make them too wide. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Frank (also), (too)
Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Frank,

With that name you must be an exceptional individual. Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to a FAQ that gives you several ways to post a picture. If you still need help send me a PM.

To size your photos you need a photo editor. One of the easiest to use is Picasa 3. You can down load it for free from Google. It allows you to make simple changes to your photos including sizing. If you size your photos to a 4" x 6" size, or smaller, you well be OK to post in a thread.

Frank

Edit: Since this post was made there has been an automatic photo sizing program added to NAFFF. So the sizing of the photo is not as important.

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 08-07-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:06 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

With the new site format, How do we post pictures & links????
Old 08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Hi Fishn50,

The Gallery is still being developed. So far it looks to me that the same methods will still work. I uploaded a picture using the "Manage Attachment" feature so I know that still works. You can still copy a picture that is on a WEB site and paste it into a post. If you find one method that does not work, please let me know.

It is a little confusing on how to get to your personal Gallery but that will work out before Colin is done.
Frank