The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 01:00 PM

pikeyaker is on a distinguished road
Default Tapatalk

I am wondering if anyone on here using Tapatalk for the iPhone can help me out. Do you know how to disable postings from certain users ie. eBay... everytime I open the app I have like 50-80 eBay postings and it takes forever to find threads I want to see.

Is there anyway to disable classifieds on the app?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

17 of 91 unread posts are eBay adds.. that is my frustration... any help would be great... thanks

Do I set something up in my user cp?

www.pikeyaker.wordpress.com
Old 04-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tapatalk

Mike: I took a look at your user profile and there is a setting called "Auto Thread Subscription Mode", I changed that to "Do not Subscribe". Let me know if that worked.

Larry

Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

I'm having the same issue

I think I turned off auto-subscribe.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Dave
Old 04-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dave: I sent you a PM.

Larry

Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 PM

I still get all the posts by eBay. makes it really hard to see threads about anything but items for sale.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeyaker View Post
I still get all the posts by eBay. makes it really hard to see threads about anything but items for sale.
Mike: I sent off an email to the forum owners to see if they have any ideas, but haven't heard back.
However, here is what I think the issue is. If you launch Tapatalk on your phone, then in the upper right corner click on "More", then click on "Settings" then under Sync & Notification, click on "Notification", then under "Subscribed Topic" you will see that it says "Fly Fishing Forums North America" and it doesn't appear to have the capability to filter down any further to a sub-forum, so in essence Tapatalk would work fine for a small forum, but one as large as this it generates all of the EBay traffic that most people aren't interested in.
I haven't had the time to look to see if there is another app out there that is better written and has the capability to filter down to a sub-forum rather than the forum site in general.

I'm wondering if any other forum members are using Tapatalk or another app from their smart phones? If so what app are you running?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM

txshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura about

I use Tapatalk, and I get the pages and pages of eBay listings as well. Causes me to rarely log on using my phone. A way to block that would be great.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Yes, I agree, with all those EBay listings it makes Tapatalk a total pain.
I've been playing with trying to add an account that would bore down to a specific sub-forum but haven't figured out a method, not sure if it is an issue with how Tapatalk is coded or that I just haven't figured out the right syntax to make it work.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 PM

If you can make it work... You are my HERO!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

I use Tapatalk on my BlackBerry. I have to agree with the other expressed sentiments, the eBay postings are a pain. I've learned to deal with them but I agree with pikeyaker, you will be my hero Larry if you can fix it.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...