The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free to a good home.

I was recently in Duluth and can never go past the Pawn America there without at least looking to see what they have. This time they had a rod case for a Gander Mountain 9' 4 pc. 7 wt. rod. I asked to see it and it had a rod in it. A brand new never used 9' 4 pc. 8 wt. TFO Lefty Kreh 'Project Healing Waters' rod. I got it for a rediculously low price. I told them the rod didn't match the case and shot them a low figure and they took it. I already have two 8 wt. rods I built myself so I don't need the rod, but like I said it was so dang cheap I had to do it.

Anyway, I digress. A lot of us know a veteran who was wounded. That is what Healing waters is for. I feel the rod should go to a good home with a deserving veteran. What I want from you guys is to send me a name and address of any of them you know and why they should get it. If I can't come up with a clear winner I will drop the names in a hat and randomly pull a winner.

I was a Submariner in my younger days. The worst we were ever wounded was self inflicted brown bottle injuries in port. I have a great deal of respect for those who risk their lives and limbs for the country. Let's find a home for this rod for someone who deserves it.
Click the image to open in full size.

P.S. I have been doing really long days working and trying to pack as much fishing in as possible. Today is the last day of Walleye season so I can sleep in for a change and spend a little more time on here. I case you guys thought I fell in a hole or something.
jpbfly, mrfzx, jaybo41 and 6 others like this.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:55 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Free to a good home.

I thought I would see a pic of a puppy.

Outstanding gesture Dan.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:39 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

outstanding gesture dan
i hope a well deserving vet gets this

casey

ARFE
Old 04-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Nice Dan! Very nice!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Before everyone starts giving me credit for this, I am just passing forward a gesture from another member who I was chatting with a while back. He is in the Marine Corps in South Korea. I mentioned to him my Father was in the Marines in WWII in the South Pacific. A tough row to hoe. He did a very generous thing for my father and I am just paying it forward.
webrx, jpbfly, jaybo41 and 3 others like this.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 AM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice

It is still a great gesture you should not minimize it. I wished I had a candidate but I am gratefull that none of my friends or family have been a causualty.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

You're a great guy Dan
Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Thank you for doing that.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Dan a nice gesture,one thing about this Forum,fortunately we have lots of caring people aboard.
Cheers.
Brian.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful! Super thing for someone who put it on the line for us. Thanks Dan.