The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pawn Hoppers?

That on its own doesn't, but finishing it off with a shotgun or potato gun would.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Hilbert
The refrigerators on the front lawn are the ones they bought at garage sales and they worked for several months (hey, what do you expect for $10 ea.). When they quit working they just find another one for $10-15 and put the old one out on the lawn hoping to trap the neighbors' cats in them so they'll have something to use for jerky.
Hilarious!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Think that's hilarious? I used to work for a wholesale distributor of propane equipment and appliances in Dallas and had to talk to Hank Hills all day long. Didn't exactly improve my opinion of that crowd. These guys were supposed to be sales reps, but they would call in, have me flip to a picture in the color flyers we distributed and say, "yeah that'n, she thanks that'n's purdy, I need all 'at." They had no idea what they were buying, they just wanted me to put their order together for all of the 12+ items in the picture. They just figured it was a way to get somebody to use more of that "propain gase"

Even better was when I got to trouble-shoot their screw ups after they attempted to assemble the thing without being able to read.

Really kind of scary, considering these guys are dealing with explosive gases all day.

I should follow all that by telling the outsiders that these numbskulls are not representative of the average Texan. We have plenty of perfectly of intelligent, sophisticated, and evolved folks as well. But they're not nearly as much fun to poke fun at.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:33 AM

Hey, we can bag on Texans all day but then again we could turn it around and talk about my state, Utah, er should I say Utard? Hey, at least here we can have fifty wives and only one of them can't be your sister!!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:12 PM

JBinUTAH will become famous soon enoughJBinUTAH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Hey, we can bag on Texans all day but then again we could turn it around and talk about my state, Utah, er should I say Utard? Hey, at least here we can have fifty wives and only one of them can't be your sister!!
Fifty?? I better get busy.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:22 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinUTAH
Yes, but only 1 may be your sister.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:57 PM

Cliff Hilbert will become famous soon enoughCliff Hilbert will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefullcreel
I threw a broken microwave oven out the back door of my mobile home once. It still had a bowl of corn in it. It was so cool watching the door fly off and the corn fly everywhere. It sat in my back yard for a couple of months. Does that make me an East Texas Redneck???
Steve you have the early signs of real redneck with that type of behavior. If you leave two or three abandoned cars in your front yard that you can't find until the grass dies in the winter, then you are well on your way to becoming a true redneck.

LSU TIGERS!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Yea... I almost fell off the deep end during that time of my life. I started watching Opra, got refined and was weaned off of my redneck behavior. Shoot... I even moved out of my mobile home and got a double-wide. She was a good cook but man... she sure was wide. She eventually left me for the man who barked for the Yak Woman at the local circus.

Old 04-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Chris Hewett will become famous soon enoughChris Hewett will become famous soon enough

I'm really having to "pull a Curtis" and sit on my keyboard to keep from getting into this thread. Yikes!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinUTAH
Slacker!