The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough
Default What color reel?

There seem to be alot of diferent color reels out there what do you guys think looks best? In my search for a new outfit I am trying to figure out which color looks best on a reel. Even though its different from one person to the next I am curious to hear what you guys(and gals) think. At this point in time I belive the redington rise in burnt orange looks awsome but thats me.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: What color reel?

The orange redington is sweet! I almost bought one but decided to go with a red Allen Trout reel since it matched the rod better. Im all about festive colors with reels, i painted one really nuts looking. It has color shifting paint on it, so pending on the direction you hold it and look at it its many colors

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-20-2012, 09:26 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

lets see it!

ARFE
Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Green Allen reel. hands down.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Has to work smooth. And chrome or black.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-20-2012, 09:59 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
lets see it!
What my color shifter?

Mostly blue here

Click the image to open in full size.

Dark purple and green now

i need to take some more, it turns all sorts of crazy colors. I also painted the spool of my Sage 3850CF with the green so its changes from green to orangeish to rusty purple

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-20-2012, 10:08 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

very nice paint.
just curious what kind of paint you use and how you seal it?

casey

ARFE
Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

I plan to at some point airbrush my alphaII, any ab paint with auto clear cote should do fine. A friend of mine has a mountain bike that shifty blue. is sweet.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:43 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Here are a few options Click the image to open in full size.
While my current favorite is my red Allen Trout 3/4, I also have a purely aesthetic hankering for one of those Abel Brown Trout patterned reels... my budget gives that idea two thumbs way down however!

The advantage to the Allen Trout reel colors is they come on a great reel at a great price. While you may originally be getting one cus you think the red looks awesome threaded on to your matching rod, the performance, the warranty, and the customer service you get with the Allen gear makes it totally worth it. And again, the red just looks downright cool!
mbphotos54 likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-20-2012, 11:38 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Black, preferably matte. Or any other low key, non-shiny color for me.
zeolite likes this.