The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 12:26 PM

btp is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie/needs advice

I live in S.W. Montana; guided for 9 years/work in fly shop now. My 12 year old son is in a school near Boise. I'm looking for places near Boise where we can fish. I have a Clacka Skiff and would love to float somewhere. I'd drive an hour or more for a day float.
ANY advice would be much appreciated. Not interested in killing anything and really don't care what species we chase.
I'll be in town next weekend.
Many thanks,
BTP

And thanks for the awesome forum.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie/needs advice

BTP...we have some members from Boise and this area...they should help you...there are several flyshops in boise too you could contact them
Old 04-21-2012, 03:11 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Hi btp, Most of thewater in/around town is very high and fast right now. In a better end of the season, I'd say the south fork of the Boise right off, but it's prety early.
You should probably look at some of the flat water around town for this week end.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM

btp is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. Whats the locals favorite fly/fish shop?