The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice
Default Re: It finally all came together.

Your fate is sealed. You are now doomed to a life of long drives, longer daydreams, reading Gierach, calling in sick on Mondays and Fridays, fly shop frequenting, topo map reading, river report searching, coffee drinking, gorp eating, gear buying and spending way to much time reading and writing about it all in this here forum. Welcome to the fray and congrats!
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 05-02-2012, 09:01 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Congrats BGP!

The seed has been planted... it won't be long before you're spending more money on chicken feathers at the fly shop than you ever did on chicken at the super market.

Tight lines!
Noiso and bassguitarplayer like this.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiso View Post
Your fate is sealed. You are now doomed to a life of long drives, longer daydreams, reading Gierach, calling in sick on Mondays and Fridays, fly shop frequenting, topo map reading, river report searching, coffee drinking, gorp eating, gear buying and spending way to much time reading and writing about it all in this here forum. Welcome to the fray and congrats!

Noiso hit the nail on the head. You're doomed!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 AM

bassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
Noiso hit the nail on the head. You're doomed!
Well, if fly fishing is being doomed then I hope I'm doomed for eternity.

And I'm already well aware of the perils of spending too much money on your hobby. You think fly rods are expensive? I once spent $3,000 on a microphone. I spend $65 for a single pack of bass strings that I change every 2 months. So to me fly fishing is a cheap hobby.

Of course, I haven't tried tying my own flies yet. And I need a new rod and reel, and vest, and boots... uh oh...
Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

It's a great addiction ! And it's bottomless. You will never have enough equipment. Definitely never have all the flys you need. Amount of fish species available can't be mastered in a lifetime. Can't fish all the body's of water in 5 lifetimes. if your paying attention you will see something new every trip out. You will learn something new everyday. And the beauty of your surroundings will sometimes be overwhelming! But that's what makes the addiction so incredible. Enjoy every trip out. I do.
bassguitarplayer likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser