The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting to the Fishin' spots In style now.

thanks,, ill be getting the 100k major tune done soon, lots of new parts to help it run better. I put my kayak carrier on tonight, its offical now./

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindogt View Post
Sure kicks the pants off of my '97 VW with 268K on the clock. (It will go to the grave with me-- It was the first (and last) new car I have ever bought-- we've seen 38 states together and it brought both of my kids home from the hospital.

The one thing that I do have on you is that there is something to be said for having a vehicle that you just don't give a damn about.....

Nice car-- enjoy it. also-- what kind of bike goes into the bike rack? My rack can be seen regularly hauling my Transition Preston or my DJ bike.
must have posted this the same time I posted,, I missed this message. ill be gettign a thule sidearm to hold bike. I replied to your PM
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM

brobar is on a distinguished road

We just bought the Mrs. a 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited in Satin Pearl white. I have to say... I'm quite jealous of her! She lets me drive it on the rare occasion. hehe

I love it and she loves it even more! Great cars!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:04 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

There are so many Subaru's running around Vermont that I think it's become the State Vehicle.
Gary
Old 05-04-2012, 05:57 PM

brobar is on a distinguished road

Same here in CO. I never noticed it that much before her getting one... now it seems like every traffic light we stop at, we are surrounded by them on all four corners. We walked out of Costco the other day to find our Outback as part of an Outback sandwich! =)

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

I have heard this about CO, and Oregon. lets say its not that way in KY, I had a guy ask me what it was last night. hahah. thats cool. I got this comment from the guys I mtb ride with tonight.

' oh look mike finally got a real car' yeah.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:22 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I used to have a subaru, looked alittle different then that though...

Click the image to open in full size.

only picture I have of it online anymore haha. It was a good car. I did the 100K tune up on it and was fine and dandy til I sold it to a buddy who blew the motor, just shy of the 200K mark though.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-07-2012, 09:39 PM

nice! Iv always been a rally fan due the the old ps2 games,, this forester will look rally but more fuction then race machine. step one get the tune, and get windows tinted. then stickers.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:28 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Our first Sub was the old body style, the last year it had manual 4 low. I thought the older ones felt roomier inside. It had 258 K on it when traded on a 2000. It endured my daughter learning to drive on it till she ran it out of oil. She eventually got her own '02...and ran it out of oil. Some kids take longer to learn things than others.
I hope the newer ones have corrected the door insulation separation problem. Also the stupid locking system that won't let me open the hatch with the key til I unlock the front driver door.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM

taking it to the shop in the morning... gotta get code read for CEL and possible timing issues.. bahh. im supposed to be in Indiana fishing tomarrow night. will see..