The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Joining & Participating in Social Groups;

With so many new members joining us every day I thought to mention a few things that like the tricks of fly fishing could take a long time to discover on your own.

Something that could make your time on the forum more personal might just be Social Group participation. If you were to click the tab 'Community' on the menu bar above you'll find 'Social Groups' as one of the items that drop down. By clicking that item you will be redirected to a list of all the open groups we currently have.

What these groups offer is a more focused set of postings either regionally or by the topic material for those who choose to use them. A little time spent looking over the groups will tell you if there is one you would like to join in on. You'll find that you can subscribe to various discussions and whenever there are new posts to your group & selected discussions you'll get an update on your 'User Control Panel' (User CP on the menu Bar) page. The new posts are displayed along with subscribed threads and your latest reputation received as you scroll down the page.

Social groups, Friend lists, and the ability to give feedback in the form of Reputation are just some of the features that make our forum both different and more personal than other fly fishing discussion boards on the net. I hope you'll do some exploring and learn more about the features and the members that are part of your forum.

Ard
Davo likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Joining & Participating in Social Groups;

Ard

Great post. This is in my humble opinion the best forum out there! It is that because of the variety of ways for members to interact and participate such as Blogs, Social Groups, Private Messages. Also the ability to give feedback to members posting in the form of Reputation, Likes and Post Ratings.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Joining & Participating in Social Groups;

Dave,

I liked that reply so much I'm bumping this thread back to the top of the stack You know that even after all these years I still don't know how to fully utilize all the features of this site. I am just trying to help some others find their way around.

Ard
Davo likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Joining & Participating in Social Groups;

I'm with Davo! Best forum there is! The knowledge gained alone makes the read well worth the time. Look foward to it every day.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser