The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Noiso
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice
Default Little secret local creek Sunday fishing - pics

This little creek is the closest place to legally catch wild, native rainbows to my city. It is very difficult to cast as the creek is engulfed with trees and overhanging branches. I mostly dapped, fed line downstream and roll casted with just leader out of the guides and I was quite proud of myself at using the same #12 stimmie all day!
Great exercise, great fun, great weather for a motorcycle ride to the creek and a great place to hone my bow and arrow cast. I'll be back to explore this place more thoroughly. The fish ranged in size from 4-10 inches, but I bet I find some bigger ones!

Click the image to open in full size.
Rip Tide likes this.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Little secret local creek Sunday fishing - pics

THAT looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a challenging creekwould enjoy to fish it with my 10'
Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Nice little creek! Pretty bows ! Looks like a challenge but fun. Thanks for sharing.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Cool looking stream, but like you said, it does look challenging! Congrats on the great looking fish.

Larry
Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Those were my favorite places; never a crowd, an acquired taste, and always plenty of fish. I bought my bamboo flea rod just for such places. I always felt that there was so much more to learn in those tight confines than out in the middle of an expansive river.

Beautiful,

Ard
Noiso likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM

nickrp is on a distinguished road

Looks like a great time!!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Thanks for sharing i love small streams like that.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 PM

ditz will become famous soon enoughditz will become famous soon enough

I have 3 small streams that I fish here close to home. It is warm water fishing though. I seldom fish anything else.