The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:52 PM

JoshVanderMeer is on a distinguished road
Default Got a box of flies !!!!!!

I have recently received a box full of flies from a friend.

I am an amateur fly fisherman and I would like to know which ones of these flies are good for chinook salmon and/or steelhead.

Here are a few pics of the assortment I got. Please tell me which specific ones according to on the picture because I wont know the specific names..

Image Posting Size Limits

Members shall not LINK to, or insert, any images INSIDE their message post that are wider than 550pxls. Oversize images will be deleted without notification.

Members may ATTACH images to posts that are no larger than 620pxls x 280pxls with a total size no larger than 19.5kb. Valid file extensions are bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

There is a difference between attaching an image and linking to an image inside the body of the post.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If I have deleted any of your images... I'm sorry. However, for the optimal performance and overall look of the forum we must adhere to this policy.

Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Got a box of flies !!!!!!

Hi Josh,

Sorry, but you got caught by the system due to the size of your pictures. Please re-post with a smaller size photo.

Frank
Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 AM

tie one on will become famous soon enoughtie one on will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Got a box of flies !!!!!!

One way that you can look to see what flies are good for
those fish is to use a search engine on-line. Go to like
Goggle & type salmon flies, you'll end up with many sites
that have pictures that may be similar to what you've
been given. Posting pictures works great too since this
website has such a great supply of fly fishing folks.

tie one on