The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 03:33 AM

fat caddis has a spectacular aura aboutfat caddis has a spectacular aura about
Default In praise of the fly fishing sloth

FISHN50, Hardyreels, fysh and 9 others like this.

Last edited by fat caddis; 05-16-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: In praise of the fly fishing sloth

Outstanding post here dude!

And I don't throw the 'outstanding' thing around every day. Very very different slant on a thread post, I love it, I spend considerable effort in avoidance of the maddening crowds even here.............

Nice,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-12-2012, 09:04 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Awesome post and pics Fat Caddis. Welcome aboard. You are now required to share lots and lots of pics of your home waters with us North Americans.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 AM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Post of the year right there! The writing is as good as the pictures. I felt like I was going on a journey with you. Very cool man, now more! More!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 05-12-2012, 10:57 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Awesome pics. 10, no, 20, no, 30, no, 40 years ago I would have been on a plane to join you.

Neil
Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

This post makes me want to be there. I really need to start exploring into the interiors of my state where it gets a bit more hilly. In the areas near me, we don't have a whole lot of unspoiled waters, but I'm slowly learning some of the less trodden ones... however, nothing like the beautiful pictures you're showing! Three cheers for the fly fishing sloth(e?)s, and three cheers for you FC for writing one heck of a post!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 05-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Last edited by fat caddis; 05-16-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Your pictures make me want to visit South Africa before I'm too old to scale down and back into a gorge like that. Are there many people chasing after the fish there? Also, are you going into a sort of winter at this time of year? We are on opposite poles so to say, at least near the poles. It is slowly getting to be summer here and I am quite ready.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-12-2012, 04:27 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible looking spots! Terrific writing in telling it like it is ! I'm impressed and at the same time jealous . Thank you for another view and a great one at that!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Last edited by fat caddis; 05-16-2012 at 06:52 AM.