The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 10:26 PM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about
Default got a rod now i need some wader help!

well i posted a few days ago on what rod setup to get.. ended up going with a allen rod and reel now i need some waders!!

went to dicks today and looked at some they didnt have the size i needed with the style i wanted..so what is a good wader to get? im not looking to spend over 200 on a pair and would like to keep it close to 100 if i can..thanks guys
Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got a rod now i need some wader help!

I'd check Cabela's bargain cave to see what they are offering. I got some Simms wading boots on clearance there last year.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Look out for shops havimg closeouts and clearence sales, now's the time to find some fairly cheap.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Cabela's has a few on sale. Cabela's: Men's Fishing Waders
Old 05-16-2012, 08:40 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Shop around, but; buy them at a shop. I would never buy waders without trying them on.

Dan
Old 05-16-2012, 12:44 PM

ganderlander2 is on a distinguished road

Check out the waders that " the fly shop" makes. A real good wader for the money. I would recommend getting a size larger than you think you need if you do any cold water wading.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 AM

cockatouche will become famous soon enough

Noticed you will be fishing brooks/rivers. I fish brooks and rivers and have gone to buying cheap (100.00 or so) breathable, neoprene foot, waders.
If you are fishing properly, no matter what you buy will be pretty much shot after a season's fishing. I once had "Kevlar" reinforced waders and they lasted about one season.
You did not mention if your budget had to include boots. Wading boots will be around 150.00 - 200.00 for anything worth buying. If 100ish has to include total wading set up, you will have to buy bootfoot waders. (No ankle support)
IMHO go cheap on the waders and spend your hard earned cash on the best boots you can afford. One twist of the ankle can change everything!