The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will To Live

Now working in the deserts of South Texas as many of you know had sucked my will to live down to that of a opossum crossing a road. But just this last week a glimmer of hope has crossed my path. I met another man of the oil patch who spends every moment outside of work fishing for red drum and speckled trout. He had heard of my passion for fly fishing and wants to show me how to fish for them wading along the shoreline of the marshes.

It may not be clear water fishing, but it is fly fishing and I treasure the opportunity to hear my Cascapedia sing out joyfully across the marshes. Sure beats tying my fly line backing to a ceiling fan and jumping of a formica hotel desk.

Dave
Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will To Live

Dude, get some weather appropriate fishing clothes then go clobber the Redfish. I i was down there i would chasing them every free minute. But then i would have to be in Texas and that really doesnt appeal to me....
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for what Vans recommended! When you get the Redfish figured out down there, be don't forget to invite me to go fishing!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM

pegboy1 has a spectacular aura aboutpegboy1 has a spectacular aura about

Fly fishing the salt might become your number one passion....
Old 05-17-2012, 09:49 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy1 View Post
Fly fishing the salt might become your number one passion....
I agree, you may just become a salt expert. Enjoy and keep us posted on your progress...

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Redfish are fun to catch, and they taste goooooood! Enjoy!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor, Dave!

Go fish the marshes...whatever that means. The rivers are chocolate milk torrents in Montana...I might have to look for some marshes!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Now working in the deserts of South Texas as many of you know had sucked my will to live down to that of a opossum crossing a road. But just this last week a glimmer of hope has crossed my path. I met another man of the oil patch who spends every moment outside of work fishing for red drum and speckled trout. He had heard of my passion for fly fishing and wants to show me how to fish for them wading along the shoreline of the marshes.

It may not be clear water fishing, but it is fly fishing and I treasure the opportunity to hear my Cascapedia sing out joyfully across the marshes. Sure beats tying my fly line backing to a ceiling fan and jumping of a formica hotel desk.

Dave
Glad to hear there is a glimmer of hope Dave!

When you get sick of the sand, you should look a little further north for a different oil patch (Well, maybe quite a bit further north!)
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbiker View Post
Glad to hear there is a glimmer of hope Dave!

When you get sick of the sand, you should look a little further north for a different oil patch (Well, maybe quite a bit further north!)
Stan, like the wicked witch of the West said upon her ruminations of getting the ruby shoes "These things must be handled delicately" Working on it.

Dave
stanbiker likes this.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Have fun and shuffle your feet!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.