The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:47 AM

fyshy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Catch the same fish twice in one day?

How about the same fish on successive casts?

Several years ago on the White River in Arkansas, I caught a nice cut on an elk hair caddis. I released the fish and watched it go right back to the same feeding lane and begin eating again. I thought, why not and drifted the same fly down the chute and she ate it again. Couldn't have been more than 5 minutes apart. It still is one of my favorite fishing memories.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

I'm not sure if I've caught the same trout twice in one day. It's a possibility.

What I have done is catch two trout on a 3 fly rig at the same time. I got a total kick out of it and said what's the chances of that ever happening again. Same thing happened the very next day.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 PM

addni is on a distinguished road

Sure can happen. I've had that happen twice on the same trip with Arctic Char in a lake. In both cases, I could easily identify the fish like you did. It surprised me a bit at the time.