The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 10:22 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Angler Harassment in Montana

Yukon Goes Fishing (YGF): Watering Water - Angler Harassment on Mitchell Slough
nomadic piscator likes this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 05-25-2012, 10:42 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Angler Harassment in Montana

I can't believe those sprinklers and sensors aren't broken yet..

They lost in court.. they just can't accept it.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:46 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

that's amazing. It will be interesting to hear updates.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote from Dhayden. "I can't believe those sprinklers and sensors aren't broken yet.."

That's probably what the land owner is hoping for and it would all be on camera to back them up when they called the local sheriff to file a vandalism charge.
fredaevans likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 05-26-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM

stlskyline will become famous soon enough

That sux. Here in Missouri as long as it is considered navigable water the land owner only owns from the higher water mark, although there are some spots here in MO I would not test it. What is the main problem? A few people trashing the area and ruining it for all? The landowner not wanting any one to have the fish but themselves? I've not had the opportunity or fortune to fish the West, but I would think there is a high number of C&R going on. I may be wrong.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Quote from Dhayden. "I can't believe those sprinklers and sensors aren't broken yet.."

That's probably what the land owner is hoping for and it would all be on camera to back up them up when they called the local sheriff to file a vandalism charge.
Duct tape over the camera lens ought to do the trick without doing any damage.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
Duct tape over the camera lens ought to do the trick without doing any damage.
Or readjust the sprinklers.. either way.. I'm just saying.. lol
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough

I just moved to CO and to learn that the land owner owns the water rights really sucks. Having to figure out which land is private and which is not really hurts the fishing industry I think. It causes certain "public" areas to become over fished because no one wants to chance trespassing on private propety.

Coming from Georgia the only things that were private were typically the lakes, I never had to worry about a river being private which made fishing much more enjoyable...
Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Best way to pressure the landowner is stay on the high road and continue to let him take the low one. 2 wrongs seldom = 1 right
fredaevans, dean_mt and williamhj like this.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:35 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlskyline View Post
That sux. Here in Missouri as long as it is considered navigable water the land owner only owns from the higher water mark, although there are some spots here in MO I would not test it. What is the main problem? A few people trashing the area and ruining it for all? The landowner not wanting any one to have the fish but themselves? I've not had the opportunity or fortune to fish the West, but I would think there is a high number of C&R going on. I may be wrong.
It is the landowner wanting the fishing water for his own private use. Ted Turner closed a public road to his Flying D Ranch in the Gallatin Valley to keep angler from Spanish Creek. He was later forced to open this road:

South Fork Trail to Pioneer Falls | Bozeman Montana Hikes | Trails.com

Then he obtained a restraining order to prevent the county from paving the road.

Ranchers.net's Bull Session :: Ted Turner Fights Road Paving

( Ted ) Turner fights road paving

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy