The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Poke 'Em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 11:11 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough
Default Thing's I hate.

Thing's I hate

1. Trash near the water/in the water.

2. Fishing line all over the place.

3. People bragging about what they caught. (yet you never saw the guy there)

4. People saying fly fishing ***** I won't say it but you know what I mean.

5. Over crowded water's

I do my best when I see line on the ground I will put it in my vest til I get home. I have probaly picked up 300yards already this year.

Hate seeing trash on the ground there's alot of geese and swan's in the area's so sometime's when I'am not fishing me and my wife will go out we will do our best picking the trash up.

I fish lakes/ponds and sometimes you get a real a-hole taking about fly fishing and well you know where I mean.

I fish everyday, (fly fishing) and you'll get someone talking to you and there bragging about they caught this 5lb bass or whatever but you never seen in the area and you been there all day. He has no picture's no proof, than they would say ''oh what you catching little Gill's'' and will have a smart smirk honestly. I just can't stand it!!!!

I don't fish Saturday and Sunday. The water's are just crowed with boat, canoes, people walking, and fishing.

These thing's do get me mad. But I do my best to help the environment and I love fly fishing. I do whatever it takes!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Thing's I hate.

1. Unnecessary apostrophes
2. Oversensitive people
stenacron likes this.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:17 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Thing's I hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke 'Em View Post
1. Unnecessary apostrophes

2. Oversensitive people

What's' wrong with' you'? Why do you' have to pick' on me'?' I mean I'm'm just tryin'g my best' to add' to the' conversation's around' the forum's 'round' here's.

Just kiddin dude!

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Last edited by cattech89; 05-29-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

*****Bees.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

1.) Restaurants that put unripe, flavorless tomatoes on my sandwich/burger.

2.) Weeds

3.) TBD
Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

I prefer that they think I am only catching little gills (at least thats what I tell them). "Nope, that pond aint worth your time, just little gills in there!"
Click the image to open in full size.

#3: no bragging? What they heck is the internet for?! GOtta remember, many fisherman are just lonely dudes whose girlfriends/wives/kids could care less about a nice bass or how big it is. Perhaps looking for recognition from other anglers is all they have! I apologize to anyone I have inadvertently bragged to without a photo for proof.
'Proof' is not necessary when talking to some stranger either. Probably just talking about fishing. If I had to take a picture of every fish just to prove it to someone else, I guess I would be fishing for the wrong reasons.
The bluegill comment, yeah, I've gotten that one... just show them a nice bass or carp that wasn't taken on bait. Besides, a nice bluegill is still a fun fish if the ego can handle it. Take solace in the fact that what you do actually requires skill.

Crowds: If you are there you are part of it, and probably someone else is hating you too for adding to the crowd. Exactly why I only fish famous tailwaters a few times a year, and only during weekdays if possible. There are other places to go. If you go someplace that you know is going to be crowded, really no need to get all cranky about it (just visit the dream stream in CO, or the frying pan, or the blue, or the Taylor). It is like getting defensive about your space on a city bus.

Line, trash: Amen dude, got pockets full of the junk. Spread the good word, even the goons will get the hint eventually.

Try not to hate so much, sounds cheesy but try to just rise above it all. We don't want all those conventional anglers to have a good excuse to call the fly anglers a bunch of snooty snobs.
Hope you find some open water, 'google earth' is your friend.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:20 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

'we ask a simple question
and that is all we wish:
Are fisherman all liars?
Or do only liars fish? '

~William Sherwood Fox
Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Dogs that bark tree when there aint nothin up there and women that tease. Oh wait, you mean fishin stuff i'll bet. OK, Slammen the rod in the car door or hookin yourself in the ear on the forward cast....ouch. NEXT.
Eddy
Old 05-29-2012, 06:16 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

If I hate haters (like the KKK) that makes me a hater too and self hatred is a terrible thing so I choose to focus on the things I love like uncrowded, clean, healthy streams, light traffic, pretty girls and funny jokes.
Life is way too serious to be serious about it all of the time.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

not a big fan of overcooked meat or warm beer.
litterbugs and poachers are scumbags as well.

casey

ARFE