The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 10 Post By stimulator2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Trash Clean Up Pays Off

I stopped at a wide spot along a river i fish in front of this house to ask permission if i could fish and park there.When pulling over i notcied someone had threw out beer cans in the spot so i picked them up and put them in my truck and went to ask if i could park and fish.The owner told me yes and that i did not have to pick up those cans, my answer was i didn't want you think i done it and that would always pick them up.Turns out he owned more than a quarter mile of the river and i had access.This was in 1994,fast forward 18yrs i went to fish my favorite spot and i find that it is posted ,Howard had passed away a few years back but his wife let me fish and now it was posted but had her number to call so i tried and had no luck contacting her i decided not to fish there til i was sure i could.I kept trying to contact her and after 2 weeks she called me back and told me she remembered Howard saying how nice it was that i picked those beer cans and put them in my own truck and that she remembered that i had fished there for so long she was going to write me permission to fish there again.Then she told me her reason for posting the property and yes it was people throwing out trash, trespassing,spotlighting her fields and killing deer. Clean up it helps years later!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:06 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trash Clean Up Pays Off

That's what it's all about! Good for you and hope you have many more years at your spot. Simple courtesy and common sense go a long way. Clean it up , keep it clean goes a long way!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-29-2012, 01:23 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

I added some rep for such an inspiring story. Very cool! (accidentally hit enter when I was trying to write this on your rep comment. That is why it just says, "I")
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Shannon: Great story, thanks for sharing.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:51 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice job shannon!
enjoyed the story too.

casey

ARFE
Old 05-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Just the kind of little story I enjoy reading
Old 05-29-2012, 03:05 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Good work on the cleanup and equally important, for asking for permission to fish FIRST.

I was in a bar having dinner with a bud a couple of years ago and there was a farmer in there telling his friends a story about how he caught a couple of guys turkey hunting on his posted property.

Long story short, the farmer ended the story by saying..."all these guys needed to do was to ask me for permission. Since they were sneaky about getting on the property, they are not to return without consequence."
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Great job Shannon! What goes around comes around. Congrats man!

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...