The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough
Default Fishing ladybower reservoir-peaks district in derbyshire

Haven,t posted a report on here as hadn,t been out fishing since March-had a run-in with a person on the "other" forum the uk equivalent who at one moment was my friend the next my enemy and was trying to discredit any post I made and spread lies about me so now I only lurk there. Well at least One of my friends from there ignores all that and he came through and took me to Ladybower Resrvoir in the Peaks District in Derbyshire as I no longer drive in northwest england this last Tuesday. The weather started cloudy when we arrived about 11am trying to avoid traffic which didn,t work, but by lunchtime the cloud cover burned off and with it my poor arms. Though fishing from a boat it was tough even with a drogue to keep the boat from drifting in the choppy conditions and only a few fish surfacing. Just on 2pm I finally managed to hook a two pound rainbow on an olive damsel nymph and shortly aftre partner Ged boated a two pound wild brownie on a Williams Favourite wet spider both fished deep on sinking lines then NOTHING even in the evening with a sizable midge hatch and a few crane flies coming off so quit at 7pm. Still a wonderful day out in beautiful surroundings and being midweek few anglers though numerous backpackers, hikers, bikers and people just generally chilling out and a day spent fishing surely makes up for two months Not fishing! Tight Lines everyone. Byron Thiel
The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fishing ladybower reservoir-peaks district in derbyshire

Hi.
Welcome,it's good to see another person from our Sister site in The UK,fortunately all our members are civil to each other.
Incidently one of The guys I've Fished with recently,who has been in Australia for 11 or 12 years used to Fished Ladybower with his Father.
In 2010 I was in Alaska,I saw heaps of Bears,even Fished amongst Them,as well as a couple of Bald Eagles.
Brian
Old 06-01-2012, 10:21 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Nice report Flytyer07. I always like hearing from our cousins on the other site. I especially like seeing pics of places to fish in the UK. They all seem to have a classic look to the.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

What boat are you fishing out of, and what size is the drogue you guys use?