The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM

k1200sportbike is on a distinguished road
Default If fly-fishing was the sole factor in determining where to live . . .

Hey there---I'm Steve and new to this site---love it. I gotta ask; if you made your decision on where in this glorious country you could live based solely on the river fishing, what would be your top three?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:05 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: If fly-fishing was the sole factor in determining where to live . . .

Wyoming
Montana
Colorado

I bet these three make the top three of a lot of people.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Re: If fly-fishing was the sole factor in determining where to live . . .

Those are my 3 picks as well.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:33 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wyoming
Montana
Pennsylvania(I like warmwater also)
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I've seen some pretty places, I've fished in some good rivers, but if I had my choice I would live in Alaska. The seasons are rather short, the winters are harsh, but when you get into the fish there are few places on earth that can compare.

I had to say that.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll spare the fish pictures; I had to post a few photos though. For all the difficulties of life here it takes only a handful of days to wipe all memory of anything but the moment from the mind.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM

bobafett will become famous soon enoughbobafett will become famous soon enough

I did just this. Moved from the dirty hot south of MS to Wyoming for fly fishing. I had never even held a fly rod until i bought one in Cheyenne on my way to Jackson. I now live in idaho and fish my brains out here, Wyoming and Montana.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:04 PM

ak allen has a spectacular aura aboutak allen has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to ak allen

1. Alaska (South central)
2. Michigan (Manistee area)
3. Montana/Idaho area
"To go fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air, with the rush of the brook, or with the shimmer of sun on blue water. It brings meekness and inspiration from the decency of nature, charity toward tackle-makers, patience toward fish, a mockery of profits and egos, a quieting of hate, a rejoicing that you do not have to decide a darned thing until next week. And it is discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish."
~ Herbert Hoover
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Florida Keys
Baja
Cape Cod
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:07 PM

mrp1 has a spectacular aura aboutmrp1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I've seen some pretty places, I've fished in some good rivers, but if I had my choice I would live in Alaska. The seasons are rather short, the winters are harsh, but when you get into the fish there are few places on earth that can compare.

I had to say that.

I'll spare the fish pictures; I had to post a few photos though. For all the difficulties of life here it takes only a handful of days to wipe all memory of anything but the moment from the mind.

Ard

Stunning pictures! Is that the northern lights Ard?

Mr. P.'s Blog
Old 06-03-2012, 11:35 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Jackson, WY

Almont, CO

Roscoe, NY
wt bash likes this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring