The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Mnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the rough
Default what a boring day!

I woke up early with a backache, neckache and headache, it looked like rain so i just stuck to home.

So i worked on some tying, trying to get the hang of things.
Click the image to open in full size.

organized my flies a little bit

pulled the line off the Prestige Plus 2

swapped it out for the SA Concept WF6F on my old shakepeare

Reorganized my gear bag

then after a little nap on the couch, I read a book.

Now the aroma of my wifes delicious meatloaf is filling the air, and beginning to drool on my shirt! A nice relaxing day all-n-all, just befor the crazy weeks/s ahead at work. Sorry for all the pics.....but i was bored
Noiso likes this.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM

two_nymph_rig is a jewel in the roughtwo_nymph_rig is a jewel in the roughtwo_nymph_rig is a jewel in the roughtwo_nymph_rig is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: what a boring day!

that reel looks familiar. get a chance to catch a fish on it yet?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Mnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the rough

Yeah caught a couple the other day. had to swap out the line though, it was a little too light for my rod, especially if it is a 4wt floater.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:35 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

I know the feeling. It's warm (102°) here and I was not in the mood to go outside. I read a couple dozen fly forums and tied a few flies. I wanted to take a nap, but it did not happen.
You where much more productive than me.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 PM

Also, if you get the chance to read that book in the pic, do it. Its a great read, has some great pics in it, and really sort of nails the concept of why we all Fly Fish.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

As usual, up before 0400 (Sandy my Yellow Lab can read a clock, I kid you not!) to give him/Husky their 'Breakfast.' Played on the laptop for a couple of hours and BOARD-BOARD-BOARD to pieces!

Rogue's running to high to use a 2-hander, save for bike chain for a sink tip, so why waste the Petrol $$.

Mowed the back lawn and went back to bed and slept for another three plus hours. Since then? Flaked out and watched a couple of movies on the 'big screen.'

BOOOOOAAARRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

It's good to see I'm not alone spending a couple of hours on The Computer,or even Flaking out in The Chair,as the last few days have been Boooring!!!!
I don't have any animals to feed,occassionally a visitor turns up.
Can't do anything in The Workshop as there's junk everywhere which needs cleaning out,however I haven't felt like it,perhaps tomorrow ???
Brian.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Hey guys, i fished the salmonfly hatch on the Deschutes yesterday and am heading out again in a couple hours.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 PM

wish i was able to get on the water. Just finished up a 10 hour day at work, and i have a Fire dept meeting in a couple hours.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: what a boring day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vans View Post
Hey guys, i fished the salmonfly hatch on the Deschutes yesterday and am heading out again in a couple hours.
My 'Operatives' are hunting you down as I type!