The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bucket List Fishing Trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
#1-East Coast bluefish blitz.
Like that one! Easy to !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-05-2012, 02:18 AM

rasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the rough

Sierra spots: golden trout wilderness and east walker

Out of country: New Zealand and Chile for browns

Bend Oregon area
The gorge in Utah
Montana

Trinity river in ca for Steelhead

My Guide
Taupo Turangi North Island New Zealand Fly fishing Guide
Old 06-05-2012, 07:16 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Alaska and Hawaii.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:18 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

New Zealand for browns
Northern Russia for the massive rainbows and char
Manaus for peacock bass
Baja for rooster fish

i think thatd about do it. Everything else I want to do should be easily atainable.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

I was also hoping to go to New Zealand earlier this year,maybe next as well as back to The US to Fish as there are heaps of places on my list & of course return to Alaska..
A friend goes to New Zealand every 2 years,he said The Biggest Fish he has caught has been locally in Australia however he enjoys Dry Fly Fishing for Browns in The South Island & it's not as far as The US,however it's worth every minute of it.
Brian.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Seychelles
Christmas Island
Belize
New Zealand
An English chalk stream
grassonfly likes this.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

I have to add
A native brook trout stream on the right coast.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I would like to visit the UK and be guided by our UK member Mostyn for fishing all those little chalk streams for grayling. After that I would like to have the chance to fish in the rivers of Ireland & Scotland for about 2 months.

There are many other places that could be wished for and most are in America. The American locations are much more accessible to me so they are not on a wish list. I doubt if I'll ever make it to the UK but I was only dreaming out loud on the key board here

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
Alaska and Hawaii.
Jim, I know a guy in Alaska who would take you fishing.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I am with Vans!

# 1 is Seychelles!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Beg, borrow, steal, rent, or buy the book Fifty Places to Flyfish Before You Die by Chris Santella. An excellent book and as good a list as I've seen. milt.