The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 07:13 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Bucket List Fishing Trips

I've been retired now for a little over 2 years & I'm working on my" Bucket List Fishing Trips" So far I've made Patagonia for 2 weeks, The Bahama's bonefishing, Maine for a month, Montana for 2 weeks. Colorado for 2 weeks, The San Juan for a week. I still have Alaska on my bucket List. Where do you guys have listed as your " Bucket List " trips.. I think that after Alaska I'll have to start over again unless I get some ideas here...........
Old 06-04-2012, 08:04 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bucket List Fishing Trips

Those match mine for the most part. For me I want to fish central oregon in the Bend area. I grew up in Southern Oregon and relish the chance to hit Bend up its such a beautiful area.

Also I remember growing up on the Rouge and S. Umpqua river and there would be some spots Id love to hit in So. Or and Nor Cal.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Neil: Not sure if you saw this thread earlier, but if not it might give you some ideas: Dream Destinations......

Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Add in New Zealand for massive browns and your list will be mine!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

The BWCA or Quetico would be on my list as well. Thousands upon thousands of untouched lakes with big pike, smallies, walleye, etc. The fact that you can go out and not see a soul for days at a time is fantastic.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
joseph28

Click the image to open in full size.many thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM

matt o is on a distinguished road

Tarpon in the keys
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

#1 on my list - The Skeena drainage in British Columbia. Snow has to be on the ground. And I can only use two handed rods.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

I've only fished California so my list is long. Still, California tops my humble list with:
  • Golden Trout Wilderness.
  • A backpacking fishing journey the length Pacific Crest Trail - a section at a time.
  • John Muir Trail
  • Canada
  • Alaska
  • Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico in no particular order.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 06-05-2012, 01:34 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

#1-East Coast bluefish blitz.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey