The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mysticm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 PM

martina2 is on a distinguished road
Default Smith sunglasses; Mirror or not?

Hi, Im MartinA.

Im gone buy a pair of Smith Optics sunglasses to see the fish beneath the water-surface.

I am going for Polarchromic Copper glass-lenses, but can choose Copper or Copper Mirror..

Have anyone of you tried both Copper and Copper Mirror for this purpose? Any difference?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Smith sunglasses; Mirror or not?

I prefer the 'Copper' over the 'Copper Mirror'. Not sure if the fish care but I would think that the shiny mirrored copper would reflect light. Plus I get images of a 80's era mirrored Rayban aviator wearing prison warden / guard when I see mirrored lenses

The copper offers great contrast & the right amount of 'photochromatic' behavior to make them very effective in both high and low light environments.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Smith cooper are great, I avoid the mirror as well because they reduce visible light transmission to your eyes.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Since trout apparently are not interested in how cool I look in my mirrored aviators, i use non-mirrored.