The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 12:38 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Butterfly pics

I no this is not fishing related but I haven't fished for awhile. arm is jacked up. so anyways I figured I post this! a year or 2 ago we got these butterfly bushes. 1 pink and 1 purple. since I can't do much with the arm I was bored as hell staring out the window and noticed all these butterflies. I went out and took a few pix of them. I guarantee you these plants will attract butterflies. so far I have seen 5 different species just at the purple bush. If anyone is interested in taking nature pix like me get a few of these. I am amazed you don't even need to go out of your front yard to find mother nature at its finest! enjoy the 5 species I have seen so far. what ya guys think? you can't say they aren't amazing! just look at the colors and patterns!

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

great spangled fritillary
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

monarch

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

red admiral

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

eastern tiger swallowtail

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Last edited by GeorgeMcFly; 07-23-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Butterfly pics

Very nice GMF! I haven't seen a spangled fliterary since I left Pennsylvania or either of the others for that matter. Very cool that you got them, I hope you find more and add them to the thread. We have Tiger Swallow Tails here.

Ard

PS I see you add one while I was typing. Now you need a White Admiral, a Metalmark, a Viceroy, and toss in an Eight Spotted Forrester so the moths are covered. Get out there dude.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-18-2010, 12:52 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

common buckeye

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Very nice GMF! I haven't seen a spangled fliterary since I left Pennsylvania or either of the others for that matter. Very cool that you got them, I hope you find more and add them to the thread. We have Tiger Swallow Tails here.

Ard

PS I see you add one while I was typing. Now you need a White Admiral, a Metalmark, a Viceroy, and toss in an Eight Spotted Forrester so the moths are covered. Get out there dude.

I watch everyday for new species but so far thats all I've seen. I learn the names of them as I take the pics. all these are taken right in my front yard in ohio! lol gotta love nature and wildlife! will post more pix if I see any new species!

Old 07-18-2010, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to the arm?

Old 07-18-2010, 01:06 PM

pulled my shoulder muscle so i can't do much. I can't even play my ps3 or guitar!!! I just been sitting here staring out the window and watching some tv... lol might try to fish tomorrow but I don't know. Its still pretty sore

Old 07-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Administrator

I did that to my left shoulder working at the cabin in March. It has been sore but is getting better. It was my left, so I was able to fish with no pain. Funny thing the only time it didn't hurt was when I was fishing.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 PM

same here its my left also but for 3 days or so I had this pain shooting all the way to my fingertips and still sometimes when i am sitting in certain postions. maybe its hitting nerves. I am even popping percocet and still its been a pain to deal with! hard to sleep in any position also. I am manning up tho! I got 1 life to live that i know of and this isn't gonna keep me down! I am going fishing tomorrow! I gave a few practice casts and since my left is hurt instead of my right it doesn't seen to aggravate it much. with post a report tomorrow going for small rock bass and some smallies. rivers low and stuff so keep ya posted on it!

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:41 PM ----------

oh and by the way. if you want to add another thing to your yard try a hummingbird feeder. you can put it by a window and take pix of the birds close up. here is a female drinking from my $3 dollar feeder (warning it leaks already but still gets the job done. I rather spend $15 and get a glass one thats dripless and not plastic but I was seeing if they even wouldcome in the 1st place).. you don't even need to buy the nectar either just make your own solution of 1 cup sugar to 4 cups water and boil for a few mins let cool and then fill up maybe 1/4th the feeder and refridgerate the rest. change the solution every 3 to 5 days depending on how hot it is ot if solution is cloudy. don't add any red dye. can harm the hummers i have read. most feedered have enough red on it anyways. here is a pic will post more we get hummers every 10- 15 mins. also you can do this if you have orioles in your area also. just make a bigger sized oriole feeder and its a different sugar ration.. look it up on google. its simple and its great to have nature right in your front yard!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:21 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Like them pics! Hope you heal sooner than later!

MP
Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

George hope the shoulder gets better soon; amazing how much they affect you when they're messed up. I'm finally back to fishing the way I'm supposed to, left handed. Having a bum left shoulder for the spring Steelies, did give me one thing; I can now cast pretty well right handed, and it makes me a more versatile fisherman. Keep the butterfly and hummer pics coming.

Dan
Old 07-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful picsGeorge...Dan knows a girl named Mary who makes miraclesyou should ask him about her
We were having a snack by the river when this little butterfly spent at least half an hour on my son's thumb...a cheese fan maybesorry the pic is really bad