The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 07:31 PM

colin321 is on a distinguished road
Default World Fly fishing Championships, France 2012

Hello everyone.
My name is Colin Huff, I'm 17 years old and captain of the Canadian youth fly fishing team. This year the team is traveling to Lozere, France for the world championships. We will only be arriving a day before official practice leaving us no time to practice the small, wild, trout streams and lake. The venues consist of the Upper and Lower Lot river, Colagne river, Allier river and Charpal lake. Counting fish on the rivers will be grayling and trout, as for the lake... pike, perch and roach. Any informaion concerning leaders, techniques, flies etc will be very helpful and would help us a lot!
Please reply to my email at gone_fishing_colinhuff@hotmail.com
Thank you
Old 06-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Fly fishing Championships, France 2012

Colin, i would start by sending a private message to jpbfly. He is our resident Frenchman and probably knows those rivers and can give you a heads up on what to expect.

The North American Fly Fishing Forum - View Profile: jpbfly

I will leave the technical gear advice to someone more skilled than i. Good luck at the championships.
jpbfly likes this.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Fly fishing Championships, France 2012

Colin....just sent you an email
have a look here to start with:Lozère Pêche - Patrimoines halieutiques
Lozère Pêche - Lac de Charpal
you can contact one of the guides:Guide de pêche - Association des guides de pêche de Lozère : stages et séjours de pêche avec un guide professionnel en France et à l'étranger ...
on condition he can speak english