The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 PM

dpreller is on a distinguished road
Default good evening,man did i need that

so im on here just about everyday but rarely post.ive been flyfishing for about 20 years some years more than others but was pretty serious for the last 4 years.last year after my wife of 13 years told me she didnt want to be married anymore i missed the entire season of fishing,between too many things going on having to find a new place to live and flat out depression i just didnt go.i would think about it but just couldnt get my act together long enough to go a couple weeks ago i took my 9 year old son to a favorite warm water pond where we caught about 100 big bluegills 8-10 inchers a blast on my four weighte. also got a few bass up to 2 lbs he had a great time.then tonight i hit the sulphur hatch just right on my favorite trout stream.nothing spectacular7 or 8 wild browns i between 10-12 inchebut man if there is anything more beautiful and pure than a completely fooled wild trout taking a dry fly i dont know what it is.I left the river after my last fish with a smile I dont remember having for the last 15 months.
I
Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice
Default Re: good evening,man did i need that

Sounds like you are lifting up out of that fog of depression. Good news!

I was there some years back. Now I have a new gal who loves to fly fish with me! All you can do is go for it, keep busy and seek help if you need it.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you man! I know Mother Nature is the best therapist I've ever had... I think I'll visit her tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on getting back on the happy track. It's even better that you get to share it with your son.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Taking your son out to a nice bluegill pond is always great therapy! Good for you for pulling yourself up and moving on. I enjoy fly fishing because it is a great stress reliever and besides it just feels right when you get out on the water, all those worries just fade away.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:03 PM

db cooper has a spectacular aura aboutdb cooper has a spectacular aura about

Those bluegill are delicious...eat up!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:58 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

I just saw this post and i had to comment.I know how you feel i have been there twice and it is not easy but you have a son who likes fishing and when you fish your mind is on that it is great stress relief.I took my son every chance i got when his mother left and then he came to live with me and we fished alot now my thing is he is 18 and we still fish together but when i'm at work and he is off work he goes without me ... I know it tough but every fishing trip will make it easier.