The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chauncey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Wet Wading in Colorado yet

Anyone wet wading yet ? Typically after 4th of July the waders get put away until October. With the lack of runoff just wondering if anyone has wet waded the Big T, Poudre or St Vrain yet ?

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wet Wading in Colorado yet

I wet waded the s Platte mid may. First 30 min cold, then fine
Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Not Colorado, but Oregon river W/W usually kicks off in late June-early July.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:57 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Well thanks for the 411 guys. I am going to give it a go today, leaving the waders in the truck

Supposed to be 90 degrees so shouldnt be to bad. I just hate hiking two miles to freeze in the river. I dont mean cold either, cold I can handle. It is that icy 35-40 degree water that I dont wanna stand in for 4 hours

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 06-09-2012, 09:05 PM

So I wet waded today, no problem...bye bye waders for a few months.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 PM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough

i wet waded vrain below button rock today and some of big t... crappy thing is that i left my water shoes at home so had to do it barefoot =\
Noiso likes this.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:44 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light

I've been wet wading Bear Creek since the beginning of May. No runoff.....
Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

I've been wet wading here since about april (got sick of the waders over the winter).
Also wet waded on the blue this afternoon after sweating to death in my waders this morning (Although they were frozen when I started... water temp was ~50).
I guess it depends how wet you want to get, and how much cold water you can handle. I was wading out to rocks and then standing on them to stay warmer.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:47 AM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

Yes. U-Sac and U-Mac first weekend of the month. Warm weather+cold river=happy camper. That's CA for you though.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach

Last edited by Noiso; 06-10-2012 at 11:05 AM.