The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 07:47 PM

len s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you Fly Fish with your Kids / Grand-kids

Since my son, now 13 yo, started hunting and fishing with me I feel guilty about going alone or with friends. Aside from some local pond practicing casting this year I can't remember going fishing without him since he started. He goes up to MN with my mom and and others without me and catches walleye, northern and crappie. This year he is big enough to wade where I duck hunt so he will do that also, though not as much because the main place I hunt I only have access during the week.

Len
Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

I have been Fly Fishing with my two youngest children since they were very little...My son Michael since he was four and my daughter Ally, since she was three...

Click the image to open in full size.

My son Michael with his first Golden Trout when he was six...

My daughter Ally on the Stillwater River, MT when she was nine...

Michael and Ally on the Boulder River, MT...

Ally on the Madison River, MT when she was fourteen...

Michael on the East Walker River two weeks ago...

Their Mother, Jean Marie above the Roaring Fork River, Aspen, CO...1978

...and

...my Grandson Miles from my oldest Daughter, who is 1 1/2 and will start next year...

I would not trade these EXPERIENCES for ANYTHING...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 06-15-2012, 05:25 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

2 of my 4 boys have fly fished with me, my other two boys live in ohio and I will be fishing with them this coming week, along with 8 grandkids (6 girls and 2 boys) and my two daughter in laws. I am so looking forward to this. My youngest has been fly fishing with me for about 2 years now, but he has been spin fishing for 6 - he is almost 11.

My youngest also float tubes with me. It is such a blast and warms my heart when he says yeah dad, Ill go fishing with you tomorrow. I would much rather see him fishing or chasing crawdads then sitting in front of the xbox

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:27 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Whenever possible with my daughter. Also with two of my nephews, again, whenever possible.