The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 AM

montanawildoutdoors is on a distinguished road
Default CONTRAST (fly fishing short film)

Here it is. Been in the works now for awhile, but between school and business we've been busy. Enjoy!
Editor, len s, newby and 1 others like this.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: CONTRAST (fly fishing short film)

Nice work guys! I saw you guys going into Sportsman's last weekend, I thought I recognized you then saw your rig and knew.

I love trying to figure out where you're fishing. I do it with some other guys in the area that I don't know but post here, so I'm NOT trying to poach your spots, but you know how it is ... So let me guess, the railroad shots near the beginning, I reckon that's up on the rez? The only other spot I can think of like that is the LBF, but that isn't open to fishing in the winter. But I think that might the "bone yard" segment. I know the car bank rip rap stretch on the Bitterroot, love that spot too.

Anyway, you guys have been busy! Lucky you to get out so much!

The underwater stuff is great. The birds eye view from the tracks is very nice, that's a cool and original shot, I like that.

My last thought: I remember when you posted your first couple films here and you got some feedback about fish handling; I think you guys have come a long way in showing the fish but not to their detriment. Nice work. Nice Bulls too, but I have to remind you, the law states to release them as quickly as possible, maybe just an underwater shot while you're reviving them? I landed a decent little one last weekend on The Creek and as much as I wanted to take a photo I didn't want to stress it anymore than I had landing him in the fast water.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:28 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Nice video, I love that you guys are only knee deep and catching fish. Just goes to show, you don't have to be in 6 feet of water.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 AM

Thanks guys! Dean you should have said hi! We're not that scary, I promise.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all

Great Video. I like how you show the entire experience, not just grips and grins... very well done.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Original: http://www.cutthroatleader.com/
New Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. sales@cutthroatleader.com
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Mike, I liked the various camera angles, all the closeup work and the landscape, kudos to the camera guy for all that, very well done indeed.

Larry
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

WOW!!! I loved the video. That perspective from the bridge looking down was awesome, and that camerawork was stellar!

Also cool that you got the four major species all in one video! Tons of rainbows but a nice looking cuttie and a big brown. I didn't even knew brookies got to be that big, either! What amazing fish and an awesome video that is one of my favorites now.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Mnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the rough

Awesome video! very well done and IMHO better than some you see on TV. My only concern is.......did you mount that stick, or was it C&R only?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough

Great work guys - very enjoyable and always nice to see someone else's home turf. I'll drop the link for the movie to our other international sites for you to give it some more exposure.
Paul
Old 06-18-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor View Post
Great work guys - very enjoyable and always nice to see someone else's home turf. I'll drop the link for the movie to our other international sites for you to give it some more exposure.
Paul
Thanks guys! We hope to keep progressing and making more films in the future. We have a pretty cool trip and film project planned for July.