The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 02:12 PM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough
Default Just Ordered My Pontoon

I've been reading the forums for serveral days and learned alot about inflatable pontoons from ya'll. Thanks! Never owned inflatable but am hoping it will be a multi functional boat. Live in Houston, TX area and fish the marshes and bays in saltwater, as well as fresh slow flowing rivers and lakes. Also enjoy trout fishing lakes and rivers in New Mexico and Colorado. Have been doing all this from kayak except on out of state rivers. Kayak is great but still not the best for all situations. I'm hoping the pontoon will enable me to do all the above types of fishing? Never seen a pontoon in Texas except for (Guides) on the only trout river we have which is the Guadalupe in the heart of the state.

Placed a order from NFO, Dave Scadden's, for the Outlaw Avenger one person. Picked this boat and NFO after much internet searching. Read some bad but mostly very good reviews of NFO and the boats . Placed my order through Derick and he has been very helpful. He is hoping he can ship the Avenger around the 25th. Sure hope so as I leave for New Mexico and Colorado for one month of trout fishing on July 5th. Learning to use the boat will be a huge learning curve.

Again thanks to all that posted thoughts of NFO boats in past forums. Just shows that some old threads still get read. I'll post up some of my experiences learning and using the Outlaw Avenger.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Just Ordered My Pontoon

Hello,

Welcome to the forum, you probably figured out that I don't have one of these boats but there may be one in my future. I hope you'll continue posting with us and share your experiences with the boat. Fly fishing is great whether you are prowling the brackish marshes off the Texas coast or floating rivers for bass. Just because we have a high number of trout fishers here please don't think your outings won't draw interest from the readers.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Jealous! You got the BIG gun. I love the X5 but a little more toon would be killer.
I talk to Dave all the time so if you need help with anything maybe I can help.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet! Keep us posted and let us know what you think after you have a couple trips under your belt.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome. Read both Hardyreel and Joni's blogs which were very interesting. Now I've got two more fishing sites to keep up with.

I'll post some of my experiences with the Avenger so maybe someone else some day with get the help I did from reading these posts. NFO can not ship the pontoon soon enough, I'm ready get it out and get some slime on it.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Jealous! You got the BIG gun. I love the X5 but a little more toon would be killer.
I talk to Dave all the time so if you need help with anything maybe I can help.
Okay what is that on my front porch in two large boxes as I drive into driveway? Open the boxes and I received the Outlaw X5 , not the Avenger. What happened? Talked to Derick and he said sorry and they would have UPS pick it up. I tell Derick I would keep the X5 but I think about keeping the X5 all weekend and no I want the Avenger. Called Derick and still no Avengers in stock and so must wait longer. I leave for month fishing vacation in about 10 days so hope it makes delivery.

I understand these things happen and I was glad to get to see one of the boats. I'm happy with how everything looks. Aired up the X5 and sit the frame on it and like everything it's just not an Avenger(size).

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

The Outlaw X5 is a great looking pontoon. Brand new out of the box. Was not missing any items. Fully assembled in about 1 hour and I've never seen one before.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:17 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Got the same outfit, along with an Outlaw Assault XX. Good boat, and it's the perfect size for what I need.